From the blog


No Comments News



A Government forensic analyst has testified at the Vybz Kartel murder trial that blood samples found at the entertainer’s St Andrew house where Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams was allegedly killed, were from a male.

Earlier in the trial, an investigator testified that he found what appeared to be bloodstains at the entertainer’s home on 7 Swallowfield Avenue in Havendale, St Andrew where Williams was allegedly beaten before being killed on August 16, 2011.

When the matter resumed in the Home Circuit Court in downtown Kingston this morning, Sharon Brydson, the deputy director of the biology department, Government Forensic Science Lab, was the first to take the stand.

Brydson said on August 24, 2011, the lab received a sample in relation to the murder case and note was taken of the time it was received.

She said the sample was delivered by a Constable Thomas from the Major Investigation Taskforce.

She also testified that a swab was taken from the living room of the house at 7 Swallowfield Avenue.

The analyst told the court that the sample was first examined for blood followed by DNA analysis.

Brydson said the test returned a positive result for blood of  human origin, belonging to a male.

The forensic analyst said because there was no body, swabs were taken from Daniel Williams – an uncle of the alleged deceased, for comparative testing.

However, Brydson said the results did not return a match with the sample taken from Kartel’s house.

“What could account for the difference?”, questioned lead prosecutor, Jeremy Taylor.

She replied: “they would be unrelated from the father’s line.”

Cross-examined by Kartel’s lawyer, Tom Tavares-Finson, the analyst said she also visited the scene at the Havendale house and collected samples of blood.

Brydson said she conducted tests to find out if it was the blood of the deceased but she was not able to ascertain ownership of the blood.

She also told the court that any report that ‘Lizard’ Williams’ blood was found at the Havendale would not have come from her.

Another defense lawyer, Michael Lorne, questioned who suggested that sample should be taken from the alleged uncle.

“At the lab, we would ask for family members, since we were not getting a body,” she answered.

She also said they would ask for parents, children or near relatives.

The Government analyst said a policeman from the Portmore Police station brought the uncle.

Police Corporal, Shawn Howard, from the Organised Crime Investigation Division is now testifying.

Kartel is jointly charged with fellow entertainer Shawn Campbell also known as Shawn Storm, Kahira Jones, Shane Williams and Andre St John for the August 16, 2011 murder of Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams.

Williams was allegedly killed over two missing guns.

Rumor Draws Huge Support For Vybz Kartel

There was much excitement in downtown Kingston yesterday afternoon as a large group of persons rushed down King Street and converged on Temple Lane behind the Supreme Court. Rumors had spread that artiste Vybz Kartel had been freed of murder and was having lunch at a nearby restaurant.

The police, who were on guard, ordered the crowd to disperse and they gathered at ‘Secret Garden’, where the monument for missing children is erected at the corner of Church and Tower streets.Schoolchildren were among those chanting that Kartel, whose real name is Adidja Palmer, had been freed.

While the crowd waited outside to see Kartel, he was in the dock, along with co-accused Shawn Campbell – the entertainer known as Shawn Storm – Kahira Jones, Shane Williams, and André St John.They are charged with the murder of Clive ‘Lizard’ Williams, which the Crown is alleging took place on August 16, 2011, at Kartel’s house at 7 Swallowfield Avenue, Havendale, St Andrew.

System down at digicel

Telecommunication experts from Digicel should have testified yesterday morning, but defence lawyers Tom Tavares-Finson and Christian Tavares-Finson, who are representing Kartel, said they were not able to interview the experts on Monday afternoon. They said when they went to Digicel, they were informed that the system was down and that they informed the director of public prosecutions of the situation.

Justice Lennox Campbell inquired if the situation at Digicel had changed, and the lawyers said another attempt would have been made yesterday to interview the Digicel experts.

Senior Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions Jeremy Taylor told the court that no witness would be available before today.

The Crown’s main witness testified last week that when he and Williams went to the house, Kartel questioned them about two missing guns and Williams promised to buy them back. The witness said when he ran from the house, he saw Williams lying motionless on the floor and St John standing over him with a (concrete) block.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

%d bloggers like this: